January 2018: A Major Throwback!

Most bloggers would've posted their annual round-up by late December, but I'm not a real blogger and I don't have numbers to worry about. So today, on a breezy Sunday on mid-March I've decided to finish this draft on my folder.

2018 was a really great year for me. Even though January (which is also my birthday month) did not start on a great note because I lost my job, I'm still thankful for the days that I was unemployed. Why? Because during mid-January until February, my sister was confined to the hospital (of which details I will not divulge because that is too personal and it's not my story to tell) so I had all the time in the world to take care of her, drive her around, be her support system during check-ups, etc. The good news is, her operation was successful! But enough about that. Let me tell you about my 2018 in photos.

January

A few days before my birthday, I got laid off from work. As I look back on it now, I'm glad that I'm out of that job. I mean, compared to my work now, the former is so boring. I think it was meant to be. I got paranoid if I will still get another job ASAP because after countless sent CVs, no one is calling me! It was scary AF, but it gave me the idea to open an online store--Bookish.

It did not sell like hotcakes of course, but I sold some books thru this shop. Currently, It has 1.6K followers but I haven't posted or sold a book since March. Which reminds me, I must revive this page. TBH, I'm pretty proud of Bookish. I just hope that I can keep this up. 

This is also my birthday month, and even though I lost my job, we (my sister and I) still decided to celebrate it at Zubuchon. It was my first time in that restaurant.

OMG, I just found an unfinished vlog that I took during my celebration. So what do you think? I have a future in vlogging? (yeah right)

Even though I was nearly broke this month, I still paid for this lunch. 

Of course, I had to take an #ootd. I mean, I kinda look good here, eh? So why not document. Anyhow, I'm still grateful for this birthday because my family is together and we're all generally healthy and I have a boyfriend who loves me unconditionally. 

Mama and Joko also came to visit and since my mother haven't been to Tagaytay, we decided to bring her there. Here, we made her taste Leslie's famous bulalo and crispy tawilis. Can I share something? My Mom was not impressed. 

Lastly, it was my first time to go to the famous Taytay Night Market and oh boy was I glad I went! For 3k, I was able to score so much!!! I suggest you go there. 

February Round-up in the next post.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Bite: Tagaytay Edition

First Freebie because of this Blog

Ten Things before 10